Do you want to tutor newcomer students in Chicago Public Schools? Check out the requirements below. If you are interested in becoming a GirlForward in-school tutor, please email your resume and preferred school placement to email@example.com.
Volunteer Eligibility Requirements
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Reside in the Chicagoland area.
- Be willing to adhere to all GirlForward program policies and procedures.
- Must believe in the power of adolescent girls to create positive change in their communities and the world.
- Must be respectful of and interested in different cultures, religions, languages, and lifestyles.
- Have a clean criminal history.
- Have never been accused, arrested, charged, or convicted of child abuse, neglect, or molestation.
- Does not use illicit drugs.
- Does not use alcohol or other controlled substances in an excessive or inappropriate manner.
- Volunteers are willing to pay for a $10 background check. Instructions will be provided by GirlForward staff. If you have already submitted a background check with GF, you do not have to resubmit.
- Volunteers working in CPS schools must follow through with the CPS volunteer screening process.
- New volunteers must attend a GirlForward training.
- Must commit to at least 4 months of volunteering (or school semester).
Do you want to tutor newcomer students in Austin? Our Austin tutoring program is still in the works, but we encourage you to fill out an application or contact Elie Wu at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.