JOBS & INTERNSHIPS
Communications Internship: Chicago
GirlForward is a community of support dedicated to creating and enhancing opportunities for girls who have been displaced globally by conflict and persecution. GirlForward provides high school girls who have been resettled as refugees with individual mentorship, educational programs, and leadership opportunities.
The Communications Intern will be working closely with the communication and development team to contribute to promoting GirlForward’s mission, brand and programs through our website, email, and social media as well as donor communications. The communications intern will join us in our office in Chicago and work on strategic communications, digital organizing and content creation for our social media channels, website, and email newsletter.
INTERN WILL ASSIST WITH:
- The implementation of communications strategies
- Management and implementation of communications calendar
- Posting online content for our website and social media platforms
- Research on social media and digital campaign best practices
- Analyzing the effectiveness of existing online campaigns
- Assist in the creation and distribution of donor communications;
- Provide some administrative support for the development team;
- Create communications materials as needed such as flyers, announcements and emails
- College or Graduate Student with a background in Communications, Marketing, and/or Social Sciences or similar experience
- Excellent research and communication skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Familiarity with social media and websites (Squarespace is a plus)
- Digital design and/or print experience are welcome
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- Ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, collaborative working environment
- Must have a strong commitment to social justice and community engagement.
- Must believe in the practice of cultural humility and critically analyze their own identity, culture, power, and belief system in relation to the community.
- Must believe in the power of adolescent girls to create positive change in their communities and the world.
Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of additional languages such as as Arabic, Burmese, or Swahili is a plus but not required!
Learn more about GirlForward here.
All internships with GirlForward are unpaid however pursuing academic credit is encouraged. Flexible schedule and opportunities to work remotely some hours.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications are due by July 6th.
The position will begin August 20th and will require 15 - 20 hours per week.
Please email email@example.com with "GirlForward Communications Internship" in the subject line with a resume and cover letter addressing your connection to GirlForward's mission, interest in the position, and any relevant experience.