Become a Tutor!
GirlForward is seeking dedicated and enthusiastic tutors to volunteer in schools and our community location(s) with high school girls resettled through the refugee resettlement program. We're in need of tutors with all sorts of expertise, but are especially on the lookout for those with math and science skills!
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Be willing to adhere to all GirlForward program policies and procedures.
- Must believe in the power of adolescent girls to create positive change in their communities and the world.
- Must be respectful of and interested in different cultures, religions, languages, and lifestyles.
- Have a clean criminal history.
- Have never been accused, arrested, charged, or convicted of child abuse, neglect, or molestation.
- Does not use illicit drugs.
- Does not use alcohol or other controlled substances in an excessive or inappropriate manner.
- Volunteers are willing to pay for a $10 background check. Instructions will be provided by GirlForward staff. If you have already submitted a background check with GF, you do not have to resubmit.
- Volunteers working in public schools must follow through with relevant public school volunteer screening process.
- New volunteers must attend a GirlForward training.
- Must commit to at least 4 months of volunteering (or school semester).
TUTOR in Austin
Do you want to tutor newcomer students in Austin? Our Austin tutoring program is still in the works, but we encourage you to fill out an application or contact Elie Wu at email@example.com for more information.
TUTOR in Chicago
Do you want to tutor newcomer students in Chicago? Please contact Jaylan Abd Elrahman at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!