JOBS & INTERNSHIPS
Camp GirlForward Internship
Camp GirlForward provides a space for girls to simultaneously build their English skills while exploring their identities and learning about the world around them. Camp GirlForward is a six week program that runs for six hours each day during the summer break.
GirlForward is seeking a Camp GirlForward intern to work with us 40 hours per week to support our Camp GirlForward lead teacher in the classroom and during enrichment activities. This position works directly with the Camp GirlForward lead teacher, as well as with GirlForward's Director of Education, and serves as both a teaching assistant and camp counselor.
- assisting lead teacher with classroom management
- assisting lead teacher with curriculum development
- working one-on-one with girls in the classroom
- leading small groups of 7-10 girls in literature circles and activities
- assisting with planning and coordination of field trips
- contributing blog posts to GirlForward blog about experience
- completing administrative tasks such as preparing materials, monitoring supplies, cleaning/tidying office, attendance related data entry
- helping girls navigate public transportation
- studying education or has relevant experience in a classroom setting; preferred experience working with English language learners
- exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- organizational skills and attention to detail
- able to work well independently in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- strong interest in and commitment to supporting girls' empowerment
- experience tutoring, preferably English language learners
- experience working with teenagers, specifically adolescent girls
- interest in refugee issues, international issues
This is an unpaid internship, but college credit can be awarded.
Camp GirlForward Chicago will be held July 10-August 18, M-F.
Camp GirlForward Austin will be held June 26- August 4th, M-F.
Please e-mail your resume and cover letter addressed to Emily Kane.
Austin applications: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chicago applications: email@example.com